Welcome Jenny Fleming | Transportation | Housing
HURRY – SIGN UP TODAY!
Less Than 3 months until the Summit
If you have been to a Family Nature Summit before, you know how much fun it is. Word of mouth is our best marketing tool. Pass this information on to family and friends.
Housing is limited. For maximum flexibility, call Granlibakken Tahoe reservation office at (530) 583-4242.
To find out more, click on Next Summit
Welcome Jenny Fleming
Jenny Fleming will be joining the summit family this year in her brave attempt to fill the amazing shoes of Heather DeSha.
Can she do it?
She has great experience with non-profits including United Way, the Day of Caring and a 5K Color Run.
She has a supportive family including 2 kids who help her bird watch and plant flowers to attract the yellow swallowtails that frequent their home in Pennsylvania.
And she has a love of adventure that includes sea shelling, kayaking and exploring nature.
Just don’t ask her to lead a snake expedition!
And Heather will be staying with us through the Tahoe Summit to help Jenny learn the ropes of our unique organization.
Family Nature Summit Rental Vans – back by popular demand!
If you are interested in the possibility of transportation from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport to Granlibakken Tahoe and/or back to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport in one of the Summit Rental Vans, please click on the link below and complete the questions found in Section 2.
Once we have your information, we will let you know next steps.
- The sign-up deadline for using the Summit Rental Van is July 15th.
- We are asking for a donation of $20 one way for adults and $10 one way for those 18 and under.
- Once we have your information, we will let you know next steps.
There are a limited number of seats and times the Summit Rental Vans will be operating. We do not have the ability to guarantee that all Summiteers will have access to the Summit Rental Vans. We will do our best!
Shuttle Services — Granlibakken & North Shore Tahoe Express
Shuttle Service – Granlibakken
- Call 800.543.3221 at least 7 days in advance to make a reservation
- Single – $98 one way per person
- 2 or more people $49 one way per person
- All reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance
Shuttle Service – North Lake Tahoe Express
- phone # 866.216.5221
- Single or 2 people – $49 one way per person
- 3-4 people – $45 one way per person
- 5-10 people – $42 one way per person
If you are renting a car and have room for an additional passenger(s), go out to the newly created Tahoe Summit Chat Facebook Page and let people know. Some Information that might be helpful to include:
- Airport Location – Reno is the closest airport, but some may come in from Sacramento or even San Francisco
- Arrival Date
- Arrival Time
- Departure Date
- Departure Time
- Fee ($)
If you are looking for a ride from the Airport, go out to The Tahoe Summit Chat Facebook Page and let other 2017 Registered Summiteers know you are looking for a ride. The same information outlined above would likely be helpful in securing a ride.
The Tahoe Summit Chat Facebook Page is a “Closed” Facebook Page. For security purposes, only those registered for the 2017 Lake Tahoe Summit will be approved to have access to this page.