Where We’ve Been
Please click on the red dots to see where and when the Family Nature Summits have been or click here for a list.
Interested in finding out what activities were offered at past Family Nature Summits? They are available right here.
Since the first ‘Conservation Summit’ in July of 1970, the National Wildlife Federation played host to hundreds of families and thousands of individuals at diverse locations throughout the North American continent (including Alaska and Hawaii).
Although the National Wildlife Federation is no longer the direct provider of the Family Nature Summits program, NWF has assisted and encouraged “Family Summits, Inc.” to continue to provide opportunities for families and individuals to experience and learn about nature together in the Family Nature Summits community. “Family Summits, Inc.” was created by a group of NWF member families and Summit participants dedicated to keeping the Summit tradition alive.
Family Nature Summits have taken place at:
- 2016 — Ghost Ranch — Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, New Mexico
- 2015 — Smoky Mountains — Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center, North Carolina
- 2014 — Asilomar — Asilomar Conference Grounds, Pacific Grove, California
- 2013 — Acadia — Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, Bar Harbor, Maine
- 2012 — Rocky Mountains — YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, Colorado
- 2011 — Ozarks — YMCA of the Ozarks, Potosi, Missouri
- 2010 — Sierra Nevadas — Granlibakken Resort, Lake Tahoe, California
- 2009 — Adirondacks — Silver Bay YMCA, New York
- 2008 — Mount Hood — Welches, Oregon
- 2007 — Appalachians — Blue Ridge Assembly YMCA, Asheville, North Carolina
- 2006 — Wasatch Mountains — Snowbird Resort, Snowbird, Utah
|Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Big Sky, MT
Blue Ridge, NC
Bretton Woods, NH
|Canaan Valley, WV
Cedar City, UT
Green Lake, WI
Kiawah Island, SC
Lake Louise Alberta
Monterey Peninsula, CA
Sequoia National Park, CA
Silver Bay, NY
Sunday River, ME